A dental bridge is a prosthesis that replaces a gap that forms from one or more missing teeth. It is made up of two anchoring teeth, also called abutment teeth, and a false tooth/teeth in between, also called a pontic. Dental bridges are supported by natural teeth or implants.
- Restore your smile
- Restore that ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Distribute the forces in your bite property by replacing missing teeth
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
Dental bridge (fixed prosthesis) can be made out of multiple materials:
- All-Metal (yellow or white gold)
- Porcelain fused to Metal (metal coping covered by porcelain)
- All ceramic (tooth colored porcelain, no metal coping)
Talk to your dentist in Bethesda MD today.
Learn more about these dental procedures and treatments for Bethesda residents